Winter in the San Jose Bay Area may not be as cold as other parts of the world, but for the Campbell Boot Camp when it gets below 50 degrees (and especially when it dips into the 30’s), it is time to make sure we are dressed properly for our outdoor exercise program.
Here is a video with your basics on what to do to make your Campbell winter boot camp experience AWESOME!
Take Away’s for Winter Boot Camp:
1. Dress in layers so that you can take layers off as you get warm.
2. Keep moving – Movement creates heat and keeps you warm.
3. Drink warm drink – Get warm from the inside.
4. Hat and gloves – Heat escapes through your head FAST. Also nice to have warm fingers.
5. Wicking materials – Under garments should be made of a wicking material so that sweat will be pulled away fromy our skin and head to the outer layers.
6. No Alcohol – Alcohol makes you cold, so don’t drink the night before your Campbell Boot Camp! (you won’t lose weight if you drink alcohol anyway!)
7. Warm up well – Your body is cold and exercising at boot camp in the cold means you have to warm up a bit more than usual. Pay attention to your body and what it tells you.
Working out in the winter is fun and exciting! Following the guidelines above will help you have a successful boot camp, workout, abd weight loss experience!
Now Go Workout at THE San Jose Boot Camp…San Jose Adventure Boot Camp in Campbell!